Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting back into the groove

Wow - seems like I haven't had ten seconds to sit and blog lately! I am running to try and get back into the groove of the whole school routine & am finding that with two in school it can be crazy! One night last week we had meet the teacher nite (times two, so we each had to take a classroom) at the same time that Saige had soccer practice...so my mom picked up Mallory and the baby and Granny took Saige to practice while Lee and I headed to the school. It truly does take a village to raise children!!! We are so thankful to have them here to help out - and the girls flourish in their attention and love.
Kassidy is growing by leaps and bounds...I am too tired to load pics tonight, but she is like a little toddler now! Someone forgot to tell her she is a BABY! She sits and "talks" at us now - this weekend she started hollering "ya ya ya ya!" and she will get louder and louder until someone pays attention to her, so we have no fear that she will be overpowered by the girls - as she knows how to be louder! She adores them and it is so cute to watch her little face light up with joy in the morning when they walk in.
I admit most of my free time is spent couponing these days...I am addicted to finding bargain deals to get free stuff! We have a huge box of stuff to take to the rescue mission that we have collected and the girls love to help me at the stores with the coupons...though lately they are good for one stop, but try two or three and the whining will commence! It is double coupon week at Kmart so I had to be there at 8am on sunday morning (with Kassidy in tow) -- I got some awesome deals on clearance toys for the girls for Christmas and some toys for the church nursery. It's just the challenge of the hunt that entices me I guess - I couldn't possibly pay full price for things now that I see how much I have cut our grocery bills! We have a nice stockpile of some things like deoderant and laundry detergent ---- as I don't forsee quitting using them anytime in the future! I was thrilled today to get Tide for next to nothing at CVS using my coupons and extra care bucks --- Tide is like the Cadillac of laundry detergent...a luxury and usually overpriced and outta my bargain league, but when it is on a fabulous sale watch out!
I will try and get back into a routine and blog at least once a week. We started soccer last week and Saige had two games last weekend. She did SO well and we enjoyed watching her play. She is getting the hang of things and thinking ahead when she is on the field - it is neat to watch her mature and learn right before our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment